Have you wanted to create illustrations to supplement documentation but don’t know where to start? Perhaps you produce web documents and want to improve usability for mobile and desktop platforms. Scalable vector graphics is an easy starting point to develop engaging interactive documents, and you need to know its potential for issues like:
- What type of graphics is the format useful for?
- What "lightweight" tools are there for drawing and editing?
- Why do you need to understand the basics of text coding or markup?
- How do you add hyperlinking to graphics?
- Where would you use interactive editing techniques?
- How would you integrate graphics into web pages? And what are the pitfalls?
- What graphic styles can you apply for an effective user experience?
- How can you annotate screenshots?
- What is the potential for reusing graphics with "single-sourcing"?
This half-day practical workshop gives technical communicators an introduction to the capabilities of SVG. It provides an opportunity to gain essential skills in how to start drawing interactive web diagrams with free software. Reference material and demos of interactive desktop and tablet documentation will be presented to showcase the capabilities of this amazing graphics format.
You will need to supply your own PC (Windows or Mac) with preloaded software.
Take a sneak peek at the workshop notes (PDF, 600Kb).
Please contact us to express your interest.